Wild Rice, or manoomin in Anishinaabemowin, is a nutrient dense food that Indigenous People’s of this region have cared for and harvested for centuries. Check out Black Duck Wild Rice to purchase this culturally important and delicious locally grown food. imported from Recipe Import
- Soak the rice in plenty of water. Drain.
- Cook in a large pot of salted water. Drain and fluff with a fork.
- Toss together the corn, oil, salt and pepper. Spread on a parchment lined sheet and roast in a 400 F oven until golden.
- In a large bowl combine rice, corn and vegetables. Cover and refrigerate.
- Make the dressing in a separate container, and add to rice up to two hours ahead of time.