This soup is sweet an savoury at the same time, and totally fitting for a cool fall or winter day.
4apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
3 clovesgarlic (minced)
8 cupschicken or vegetable stock
1 tablespoonolive oil
- Peel and cube the squash. If you have time, you can cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds and then roast the squash in the oven for about half an hour.
- Dice the onions, celery, carrots and saute in olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the cubed squash and the apples. Cover with stock or broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the herbs and simmer for 20 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
- Puree with an immersion blender. Season to taste with asalt and pepper. Serve.
- You can add a bit of cream or cook this with a smoked turkey leg or ham for added flavour.
- For a different flavour profile, omit the thyme and sage and use curry powder instead.
- Print View
Add new comment