Serve this recipe on toast or as a delicious breakfast salad.
4 cupsspinach or mixed greens
3 tablespoonslemon juice
1⁄3 cupolive oil
1 cupwashed and sliced mushrooms
1⁄2 cupsliced red onion
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add 1 tbsp white vinegar and turn the heat down so the water reaches a simmer.
- Crack an egg on a flat surface and then empty it into a heat proof cup.
- Dip the cup in the simmering water, releasing the egg. Repeat for the rest of the eggs, up to 4 per medium pot.
- Sautee the red onions and mushrooms until golden and soft.
- Prepare a salad dressing of lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss the vegetables with the spinach and salad dressing.
- Drain the eggs on paper towel, season and serve with the salad.
- Print View
Add new comment