A favourite at Nourish’s 2015 World Food Day Dinner, make sure to try this recipe at home this winter.
1 poundparsnips, peeled and diced
3McIntoshapples, peeled and quartered
3ribs of celery, chopped
1 tablespoonolive oil
1 litervegetable broth
2 tablespoonsfresh chopped thyme or 2 tsp dried
1 1⁄4 teaspoonground coriander
1 tablespoonmaple syrup
- Peel and roast the parsnips in a 425 F oven for 25 minutes. Stir in the apples and roast for 15 more minutes.
- In a large soup pot, saute the celery and onion in olive oil. Stir in the roasted vegetables.
- Add vegetable broth to cover.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, thyme, coriander and maple syrup.
- Cook for thirty minutes until everything is tender.
- Blend with an immersion blender, check seasonings.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt, or just as it is!
- Print View
Add new comment