This sauce is excellent for pasta, casseroles, lasagna, rice, bruschetta, chip dips, ratatouille, soups, stuffed muschrooms, baked potatoes, baked beans, paninis, quesadillas, homemade pizzas, and omelettes.
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Toss tomatoes, leeks, garlic and ground spices with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in large stainless steel bowl and place on baking sheet that has been layered with parchment.
3. Roast tomato mixture until golden brown and garlic is soft, about 30 minutes.
4. While tomato mixture is roasting, take a seasoned stock pot and simmer rest of ingredients, excluding cilantro and honey.
5. Add roasted tomato mixture to the stock pot and stir well. Then add honey and cilantro and add enough water that everything is just submerged.
6. With immersion blender, pulse until smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, transfer sauce to a regular blender in batches, and pulse until smooth.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning. Sauce can be eaten right away, frozen for a few months, or refrigerated for a few days.