Water Bath Canning
1 teaspooncumin seeds (for each jar)
2 teaspoonsbrown mustard seeds (for each jar)
6 cupswhite vinegar
1⁄2 cuppickling salt
1. Boil vinegar, water, and salt to make brine
2. Add 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds and 2 teaspoons of mustard seeds to each sanitized, warm jar. Fill with carrots cut to fit jars.
3. Ladle hot brine into each jar, push down floating carrots. Fill to 1/2 inch head space
4. Remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims, and place rings on jars finger tip tight.
5. Process in waterbath for 10 minutes
**This is a water bath canning recipe, if you are unfamiliar with water bath canning techniques, sign up for one of our classes
- Print View