Nourish is offering training for women, which includes trans women, Two-Spirit, and non-binary identities, who have experienced poverty, racialization, criminalization, disability, or substance use. Participants will learn how to share their stories with the community and have the opportunity to connect with others.
This training will:
- Create a space where people can share freely and safely
- Explain what stories are and why they are important
- Explore how stigma is learned from stories, and how stories can challenge stigma
- Develop participants’ skill and confidence in sharing stories
- Help shape participants’ stories and find the best place to start when telling it
Participants will receive an honorarium.
Email Elisha for more information at email@example.com or leave a voicemail at 705-743-3526 x119.
Upcoming Dates: (Sessions will be held on Zoom)
- Tuesdays 3-5 PM* starting August 10th, with the final session held on October 5th
- Wednesdays 6-8 PM* starting September 1st, with the final session held on October 27th
* Please note: The third session of each series will be an hour longer than usual. For the Tuesday series this will mean the session on August 24th will run from 3-6 PM. For the Wednesday series this will mean the session on September 15th will run from 6-9 PM.
This program is supported by the Ontario Trillium Foundation, an agency of the Government of Ontario.