Are you passionate about ensuring everyone has access to good food? Are you searching for a rewarding paid internship this summer? Nourish is looking for a Summer Intern to assist with its Taste of Nourish programming.
If you want to join our team and spend a summer cooking, gardening and working around food issues, consider this opportunity:
A Taste of Nourish Intern Position Summer 2015
Position : A Taste of Nourish Assistant (time-limited, bargaining unit position CUPE Local 3521) Contract Length : May 25, 2015 – August 14th, 2015, 32.5 hours per week Wage: $13 per hour, plus Mandatory Employer Related Costs Location: Peterborough City and County Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To assist chefs, community cooks, gardeners and seed savers in delivering food literacy workshops through A Taste of Nourish.
- To conduct pre- and post-series interview with all participants.
- To create a welcoming atmosphere for all participants involved in A Taste of Nourish activities.
- To keep detailed statistical information, create visual documentation and monitor progress of activities.
- To problem solve issues as they arise.
Qualifications: Must fulfill Service Canada eligibility requirements as follows: -Must be a registered full-time post-secondary student during the preceding academic year. -Intends to return to school on a full time basis in the next academic year. -Not attending full-time classes while participating in this placement. -Be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusively) at the time of intake/selection. -Legally entitled to work in Canada. -Cannot have another full-time summer job. In addition the candidate needs to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience and comfort leading growing and cooking workshops.
- Solid practice in facilitating workshops for adults.
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-oppression.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English. Additional languages (including ASL) an asset.
- Certification in first aid, crisis intervention and safe food handling are assets.
- Holding a valid Ontario driver’s license also an asset.
If this position appeals to you, please submit a letter of intent and a résumé detailing qualifications and experience by noon on Friday, May 8th, 2015 to: Joëlle Favreau, 216 Simcoe St. Peterborough, Ontario, K9H 2H7 E-mail : email@example.com