Named after Lakefield, ON’s Waymac Farms, this dish graced the menu of our 2015 World Day Dinner.
3 cupsmixed mushrooms, brushed free of dirt, ends trimmed
2 cupsgreen beans, ends removed, chopped into thirds
2 clovesgarlic, sliced thinly
2 pincheschili flakes
2 teaspoonsapple cider vinegar
1 tablespoonolive oil
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, blanch the green beans until tender crisp.
- Drain and chill under cold water. Drain again.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; melt the butter and olive oil.
- Cook the mushrooms until golden brown and softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in garlic, oregano and chill flakes and cook for five minutes.
- Add cider vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine with green beans and serve.