Sweet and savoury at the same time. What more could you want?
8chicken thighs (skin-on, bone in)
2 tablespoonsoilive oil
1large onion (chopped)
1 cupchicken or vegetable broth
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large, oven proof skillet. Brown the chicken in batches, setting aside on a plate. Drain away all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings
- Add the onion and apples and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned and softened. Add the broth, mustard and honey. Bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and juices and transfer to the oven to keep cooking for about 20 more minutes.
- Make a paste with the butter and flour. Once the chicken is fully cooked through, transfer the chicken, apples, and onions to a plate. Whisk the paste into the broth until slickly thickened. Season to taste and serve.