This cake is flourless, perfectly moist, and — thanks to the addition of chickpeas — packed full of protein. Surprise yourself with this healthier take on dessert.
1 canchickpeas (19 oz) (drained and rinsed)
1⁄2 teaspoonbaking powder
1⁄2 cupsemi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and dust with flour a 9in cake, bread, or bundt pan.
- Using a food processor, a ricer, or a potato masher, blend the chickpeas until they form a thick paste. Add eggs, and mix until combined
- Add sugar, soda, and baking soda, and mix ingredients are well incorporated.
- Using a double boiler or microwave, melt the chocolate. Then, mix into the cake batter
- Bake for 40 minutes. When cake is finished baking, remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before inverting onto a plate or serving platter.
OPTIONAL: Top each serving with chopped fresh berries. You can also use frozen berries that have been fully defrosted.
- Print View
Add new comment