Try this beautiful layered potato dish for burst of South Asian flavours.
1 tablespoonvegetable oil
1onion (finely diced)
2 clovesgarlic (minced)
1 tablespoonginger (minced)
1 teaspoongaram masala
1 pinchcayenne pepper
8 cupskale (chopped)
1⁄4 cupbutter (melted)
- In a nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, cumin, garam masala, turmeric, salt and cayenne pepper, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add kale; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until wilted. Transfer to bowl.
- Meanwhile, peel potaotes. Using a sharp knife, cut into paper-thin slices. Spread one-third in same skillet; top with half of the kale mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining potatoes, pressing to evenly distribute.
- Pour butter over top. Bake in 425F oven for about 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Print View
Add new comment