Lentil Soup & Fritters by Chef Amy
Simple Curried Lentil Soup
1tbsp onion flakes (or fresh)
1tbsp garlic flakes (or fresh)
2 cups lentils
1 litre stock/broth
1 tablespoon masala curry powder
1 can coconut milk
1 teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
1. Add stock lentils, onion, garlic, curry powder together in a pot and bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and cook for 17-20min with the lid off.
2. Once the lentils are cooked turn to low heat and add the coconut milk, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning as you like. Simple yummy filling lentils!
1 head broccoli
1 small potato
¼ cup flour
2tbsp hemp protein (optional)
1 tbsp ground flax (optional)
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp curry powder (or any seasoning you like)
1. Grate carrot and potato on a grater or mandolin. Chop broccoli small with a knife.
2. Separate the eggs and whip the whites until they are fluffy, add both to the grated veggies and mix.
3. Add the flour and any seasoning that you like, try Mexican style, Greek etc, mix gently
4. Heat pan to medium-high heat and scoop a tablespoon at a time into the hot pan. Cook for about 2-3min each side or until golden brown and crispy.
5. Serve with whatever sauce you fancy! I did a spiced yogurt.