Liven up your breakfast with this highly portable breakfast burrito imported from Recipe Import
4whole wheat wraps
1 cupgrated cheese
1 bunchcilantro or parsley
2 tablespoonslime juice
8eggs (1-2 per person)
- Make a fresh salsa by dicing tomato, red onion and mincing garlic. Mix together with chopped parsley or cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Slice up the veggies of your choice and sauté briefly in olive oil to soften. You can also blanch the veggies to soften them. (Blanching means quickly cooking a vegetable in boiling water until tender-crisp, and then shocking in cold water to preserve the colour and texture).
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk. Season with salt and pepper. Season with herbs if you like. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil or butter, and heat. Pour in the eggs, stir and mix.
- Once it begins to set, place the veggies along the centre. Tip the pan to the side and flip the omelet over. Continue to cook.
- Warm the tortillas, add grated cheese, place the omelet on top. Top with salsa, fold over, and serve. This is also really good with refried beans and avocado!
- Print View
Add new comment