This completely gluten-free, vegetarian dish is a great, easy alternative to regular pasta. Try this dish in early fall when spaghetti squash are at their best.
1 tablespoonolive oil for drizzling
1 canwhite beans (drained and rinsed)
1⁄2 bunchkale (washed and picked free of the stem.)
1 canplum tomatoes
1⁄2red onion (diced)
3 clovesgarlic (minced)
1 tablespoonchili flakes
2 tablespoonsdried Italian herb mix
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Slice the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Roast flesh side down for about half an hour until soft. Flip over to give a nice golden brown colour.
- Allow to cool and then scoop out the spaghetti. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and cheese if using.
- Cook the onions, garlic, spices in a large pot over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the kale and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in the diced tomatoes and beans. Heat through.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. S
- Serve as a sauce over the shredded spaghetti squash.
- Print View
Add new comment