An easy yet delicious apple sauce recipe.
4apples (peeled, cored, and chopped)
1⁄4 cupwhite sugar (or to taste)
1⁄2 teaspoonground cinnamon (or to taste)
1⁄2 teaspoonvanilla (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cover, and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, or until apples are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly then mash with a fork or potato masher.
- This recipe can easily be doubled and tastes even better the next day.
- Try using half brown sugar and half white sugar and add some dried cranberries or raisins as an alternative way to sweeten the sauce.
- The applesauce freezes well if you want to make extra.
- Serve over ice cream, oatmeal, or with pork.
- Print View
Add new comment