Enjoy this pasta dish any time of the the year, but especially in fall and winter.
1. Boil a large pot of water. Salt the water and add the pasta. Cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, squash, and carrots, then cook until vegetables soften, about 7 minutes. Add the thyme and season with salt and pepper. Add the kale and cook until kale wilts down, about 2 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock/wine and cook for another 5 minutes, allowing it to reduce.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Add the cooked pasta, about ¼ cup of the water the pasta cooked in, and ⅔ cup of cheese. Stir to combine.
6. Transfer to serving plates, top with remaining cheese, and serve.