A hearty, Italian inspired soup, packed with vitamins and nutrients.
1 cupyellow onion (diced)
4 clovesgarlic (roughly chopped)
32 fluid ounceslow-sodium vegetable broth
4 cupspacked chopped kale (packed and chopped)
1 candiced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
1 cancan no-salt-added cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (14.5 ounces)
- Heat oil in soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add diced onions and sliced carrots to the pot and sweat until translucent (about 6 minutes) Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, stock, and beans. Stir to combine. Bring soup to a rolling boil.
- When soup is boiling, lower the heat to low and continue to simmer for 30 minutes Before turning off the stove, add chopped kale and continue to cook for 5 minutes
- Ladle into serving bowls and top with croutons, percorino or parmesan cheese (if using)