Nourish is offering training for women, which includes trans women, Two-Spirit, and non-binary identities, who have experienced poverty, racialization, criminalization, disability, or substance use. Participants will learn how to share their stories with the community and have the opportunity to connect with others.
This training will:
- Create a space where people can share freely and safely
- Explain what stories are and why they are important
- Explore how stigma is learned from stories, and how stories can challenge stigma
- Develop participants’ skill and confidence in sharing stories
- Help shape participants’ stories and find the best place to start when telling it
Participants will receive an honorarium.
Email Elisha for more information at email@example.com or leave a voicemail at 705-743-3526 x119.
Upcoming Dates: (Sessions will be held on Zoom)
- Tuesdays, from 6 PM - 8 PM*, starting September 28th, with the last session held on November 30th. (No session on October 19th)
* Please note: The third session of each series will be an hour longer than usual. For the Tuesday series this will mean the session on October 12th will run from 6 PM - 9 PM.
This program is supported by the Ontario Trillium Foundation, an agency of the Government of Ontario.