Nourish offered this training for women, which includes trans women, Two-Spirit, and non-binary identities, who have experienced poverty, racialization, criminalization, disability, or substance use. Participants learned how to share their stories with the community and had the opportunity to connect with others.
- Created a space where people could share freely and safely
- Explained what stories are and why they are important
- Explored how stigma is learned from stories, and how stories can challenge stigma
- Developed participants’ skill and confidence in sharing stories
- Helped shape participants’ stories and find the best place to start when telling it
Participants received an honorarium.
Email Elisha for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at 705-743-3526 x119.
This program was supported by the Ontario Trillium Foundation, an agency of the Government of Ontario.