This easy to make, gluten-free dough is a great alternative to store bought pasta and can be prepared can be prepared with or without a manual pasta maker.
1⁄2 cuptapioca starch
3 tablespoonspotato starch
4 1⁄2 teaspoonsguar gum (or xanthan gum)
1 1⁄2 tablespoonolive oil
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs lightly and add oil. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir.
- Work the dough into a firm ball. The texture will be similar to pastry. Knead for 1 to 2 minutes.
- f NOT using a pasta machine: Place ball of dough on a board floured with potato-starch and roll as thin as possible. Cut into desired shape.
- If using a pasta machine: Roll the ball of dough into an small oval, just big enough to pass through pasta roller.
- Pass through pasta roller once on thickest setting, fold dough in half then pass through again.
- Repeat this process 4-5 times, placing the rollers closer together with each pass to produce thinner sheets of pasta.
- To cook pasta: Cook in salted boiling water with 1 tablespoon of oil added. Cooking for about 10-12 minutes depending on the size and thickness for the noodles. Test frequently for doneness. Drain and rinse well.