Looking for ways to sneak vegetables into your dessert? The addition of beets gives fibre, colour, and a moist consistency to this chocolatey treat.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Spray or lightly oil 2 mini-muffin trays.
- Whisk the flour with cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler until soft. Add canola oil to the chocolate.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Whisk the melted chocolate into the egg mixture, then fold in the flour mixture and grated beets.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tins and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
If you don't have mini-muffin trays, you can use a 9in x 9in baking pan instead. You may need to adjust the cooking time to ensure the brownies are adequetely baked.