Make your own scrumptious crackers. Great for soups or a snack that kids can't get enough of! imported from Recipe Import
6 ouncessharp cheddar (grated)
3⁄4 cupsall purpose flour
1⁄8 teaspooncayenne pepper
1⁄4 teaspoonmustard powder
1 cuprice cereal
1 bunchchives (chopped)
4 tablespoonsbutter (softened and cut into pieces)
2 tablespoonswater (plus more if needed)
- Whisk the flour, cheese and mustard and cayenne together.
- Using a pastry mixer, or two knives, mix the butter in until the dough resembles peas.
- Add the rice cereal and chives. Add the water 1 tbsp at a time and knead until a dough forms.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a log and refrigerate to set it and rest the glutens.
- Slice ¼ inch thick rounds and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes, until slightly golden brown, flip them over and bake another 3 – 4 minutes